Administrative Law

Administrative law is the practice of law before government agencies, both at the state and federal level. Some examples of such agencies include the Social Security Administration, the Department of Business Regulation, unemployment commissions, zoning boards, and licensing agencies. Administrative law involves the rules and regulations issued by such government agencies. 

Dealing with these agencies can often be a stressful, complex process. We have detailed knowledge of the unique procedures and rules involved in dealing with administrative law, and we will assist you every step of the way. Whether you’ve been denied disability benefits, discriminated against in seeking employment, risk losing your professional or business license, or face other administrative issues, Almagno Law has the experience and expertise to help you.


Our firm has been practicing law in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New York for almost ten years. During that period we have successfully represented hundreds of clients in cases involving personal injury, workers comp, criminal defense, civil litigation, business law, and other areas of practice.


When you are faced with the toughest legal and emotional circumstances of your life, we will be there for you. Like everyone else who has hired us, you can rely on our expertise, compassion, and dedication.


We will devote ourselves fully to your case. Our work doesn’t end until your legal issue is resolved successfully, and we’ll be with you every step of the way until that happens. Our dedication to our clients is reflected in our strong work ethic.

If you voluntarily quit your job or were fired for misconduct, your claim for unemployment may be denied. … To collect benefits, you must be temporarily out of work, through no fault of your own. If you don’t meet your state’s eligibility requirements, your claim for unemployment will be denied.

In order to request a federal court review of your Social Security Disability case, you or your attorney will need to file a civil action in the district court of the United States. You will file this action in the district court that handles the judicial district in which you live.

Where Are Zoning Laws and Ordinances Located? The best place to look for your local laws is at the office of your city or town government. The offices of the mayor, city attorney, or department of housing, are also a good place to start. Some public libraries may also have local ordinance materials.


Get in Touch

Schedule a free consultation. 

Let’s work together and discuss your case. Almagno Law is committed to providing you the most efficient, compassion, and professional counsel in Rhode Island.